Looking for personality development? You need to invest in personality development. So, what are the things that you need to focus on for personality development? Here is a look.
1. Invest in the Art of Speaking
Public speaking is the most effective method to reach out to people with newer ideas. Also the way to feel more confident about yourself.
Your speaking skills make you more confident, helps you feel at ease with yourself and bag those extra opportunities. Whether it be talking to new clients or customers, the right speaking skills will help you do everything more easily.
So, how do you create your own niche status with speaking skills? Here is a look at few of the things that can help.
2. Prepare Yourself
Be ready to express yourself. Have what you want to say on your mind from before. Take your time – you can even prepare a write-up and go through it several times before the day of speaking.
3. Do not try to memorize the whole thing.
Instead, make a broad outline and create bullet points of your speaking content. You can also use the slides to remember the primary points.
Be flexible and use the cues from the audience to change and modify the content. The primary focus is towards delivering information or value to the listeners.
4. Research Your Audience
Any marketing company knows how important it is to research into the preferences and habits of its targeted customers for a successful campaign.
The same philosophy applies to effective speaking. Your whole effort is dedicated towards the people listening to you. It does not make sense if they do not like your presentation or are unable to grasp it.
– If you’re looking to talk to prospective clients, know what they’re offering and how you can help them.
– If you’re talking to customers, understand their problems first to come up with an effective solution.
– When speaking at an event, reach at the venue a bit early and chat up with some of your audience. It will give you an idea of what they are expecting.
– You can also gauge the audience’s understanding and change your speaking to match their needs.
– Put in a few laughs or jokes that can make the presentation more pleasant.
5. Engage the Audience
Most often, music bands performing on stage involve the audience by making them sing or move their hands. Similar techniques can be integrated with your speaking to make it more interactive and engaging.
Rather than presenting boring facts, ask few yes and no questions to the audience or ask them to gesture with hands. The audience is always looking to get involved and you have to provide the opportunity at the right moment.
Make eye contacts with individual members of the audience and hold it till you finish your thought or statement. It makes the listeners feel that you are delivering to each of them leveraging their satisfaction levels.